Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Week Summary 10/2 - 10/8/2006

Total Hours 17:24 (16:54 S/B/R)

Swim = 13,100 yd (4 sessions) Time 3:57
Bike = 127 miles (2 rides) Time 7:19
Run = 48 miles (5 runs) Time 5:38

30 min. pilates session

*Didnt plan on swimming so much, but I needed 2 full days off the legs after the big brick workout on Wed.
*Got in 3 sauna sessions this week, 12 min each. Will do 4-5 X 15 min sessions this week.

*I am feeling stong considering two 20 mile run workouts in 5 days. Bike miles a little down but no different than last year at this time, and the intensity was increased this week. Swim is to be expected. Goal to break 1:10 at Kona.

Comments:
Sauna sessions huh? Interesting. Hamstring treatment?
 
Yeah, I did not try sauna training preparing for 2004 Kona. HR elevated by 20-25 beats running the week of the race, even at 8 min pace. In fact, running 7:30 pace for 30 min. put me in zone 4, and while in Portland, 7:30 pace would be low zone 1.
I tried sauna training for Kona 05, and the week leading into the race, I had no difference in HR on any runs or bike rides from my training in Portland. In fact, I could easily run 6:30 pace the very next day after arriving in Kona, with no difference in HR. It works, as long as it is not over-done. Sauna training is very detrimental if over-used prior to the race. My max is 15 min. 190 degrees in any one session, and never 2 sessions within 24 hours. At least 24 oz water consumed while in the sauna. Light stretching is ok but no exertion otherwise while in the sauna.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?