Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Registration

10/17/06
Registered today with Ann. Stood in line for about 15 minutes with last years champion, Farris A.

We talked briefly on Roth. He didnt want to say much. He said he maintained over 300 watts for the enitre bike segment, but just didnt have it on the run.

I asked him if I should wear my swim suit for the race, and if his was comfortable on the bike. I have been considering racing in my speedo the entire race. He reassured me to not change anything for this race, "especially this one" he said. So, I now am wearing my bike shorts for the bike. I will still likely run in my swim suit since I will have in on under my bike shorts anyway (I have raced kona 04 and 05 like this)

I told him I yelled at him last year as he passed my on his way to the finish and why didnt he say hello back to me as he ran by...he said "I was very tired after 8 hours and wasnt thinking straight". I said, "you should try being out here 10 hours". He laughed and said good luck. Signed across the top of my 06 poster.

Ann and I will bike 60-90 minutes later with 4 X 90 second spinervals. May run 4 miles with 4 X 800 before dinner.

Diet:
Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, 2 slices wheat toast with honey. 12 oz skim milk.
Lunch: Bagel with salmon and a proten smoothie at this internet cafe I am sitting at.

Comments:
Yeah Libor would have asked so many questions Faris would have missed the start cannon! haha Sounds like race week is going great Dave. Enjoy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?