Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 
Hamstring blew out last night on a 6 mile easy run with pickups. Final mile running 8 min pace with Ann. Not good, could not run any further, could not even walk. Hamstring just spasm'd out. Had it iced and massaged last night. wrapped tight in Ace bandage. Iced this morning, ART and 2X1 hour massages. Its fired up but feels better. It feels now like it did the day after CDA.
I will rest and hopefully be good to run saturday. I am not too worried because I can always start walking in the marathon. What bothered me yesterday, was that I couldnt really walk. I should be able to get to that point by saturday, so I can at least walk in. Still pain free on the bike which is a good thing.

Swam 40 minutes this morning with Ann Sarah and Scott. Felt good in water, waves back to normal at 5-8 feet swells. Not too bad. Swam some intervals from bouy to bouy. 1 200, then 4 X 100, then final 200. Then easy back to shore. Ann looks great.

Peter Reid getting ART on the table next to me after the swim. I wanted to tell him, "Peter, this is only for registered athletes". I didnt have the nerve. Would have been funny though because they were filming him getting worked on. I got a few seconds on the camera too, by association.

Diet: Still light, Will eat pasta tonight.
Breakfast: 2 pieces of wheat toast before swim.
Lunch: Protein smoothie and bagel.
Dinner:

Comments:
Well if anyone can overcome this you can Dave. Hope it feels better come race day. You'll still kick ass out there. Just use the other leg!
 
Damm! sorry to hear about that Dave. Its good you pulled up as soon as it went on you. Hope things come together for you on the day.

Paul
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?