Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

Bike 65 (4:24 / 5560 ascent)

Biked easy on hills. Worked a few but kept it easy. One of the riders got pretty sick around 60 mile mark and couldnt go on. Unfortunately we were in the middle of nowhere. Ann stayed with him and I hitched a ride with my bike in a pick up truck to Boring, OR. About 15 miles from home. Got on bike and started to TT home. About 3 miles up, got a flat. CO2 pump was broken and I my manual air pump wasnt pumping air. So...I hitched another ride.
Guy dropped me off 2 miles from home. Unfortunately I had to climb 2 miles and 700 ft up to the house on a flat. On the final mile, averaged 367 Watts for 8 minutes so I felt like I worked a bit.
Ave Watts for entire ride, 237

Well, planned on running 4-5 off the bike, but I had to go back and pick up the other rider. It was after dark by the time we got home and I was pretty much done, seeing as a 4 hour ride turned into over 6.5 hours.
Ann still refused to stop so she TT's home and ended up with 85 miles, while I gave the other guy a ride back to his house.
Zone summary:
1 = 85% ( 3:50)
2 = 9% (24')
3/4 = 6% (10')

Diet:
Breakfast: Low fat berry muffin from starbucks, med. coffee
Lunch: carbs on ride, routine
Dinner: Papa murphys chicken pizza with light cheese. Some jelly beans and 2 beers later, before bed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?