Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

PR Swim, 3600

Workout Summary: 3600 (63')

My swim technique has finally consistently improved!
500 free wu in 7:30
10 X 200, 6 in 2:48, 1 in 2:44, 3 in 2:47
First 5 on 35 seconds rest, final 5 on 30 seconds rest.
I never thought I would be able to finish a 10 X 200 set under 2:50 this season. My PR before my lesson with Bob Bruce was 5 around 2:52-54 average on 35-40 seconds rest. This is a minor breakthrough for me.
Then: 3 X 100 IM alternating with 3X 100 pull, everything on 15 sec. rest. IM 100's in 1:40, 100 pulls in 1:27.
500 "cool down" in 7:26. I didnt feel like I was swimming that hard to swim a sub 7:30. Plus at the end of this workout, the IM's of which killed my arms, esp. the fly stroke. I must have improved my form, as there is no other explanation. 27 oz water during swim.

Diet:
Breakfast: couple of bites of Rob Williams' starbucks cinnamon roll. 2 vanilla yogurts, coffee.
Lunch: Salad with low fat italian, vegies, 2 oz pretzels, diet shasta
Afternoon: med non fat latte and a cliff protein bar
Dinner: 6 oz chix breast, about 6 oz pasta. 1 beer.

Comments:
Nice work getting to hawaii. I'm looking forward to following your progress as I too hope to qualify.
Goodluck at the world champs and if you don't mind I would like to fire a few questions at you along the way?

Paul
 
No problem Paul. Yeah, this is my third consecutive Hawaii. Pretty lucky at the CDA qualifier in June. Hamstring injury but 8:30 pace in the marathon was enough that day!
 
Thanks for the replt David,

I was living on the east coast of OZ 1hr south of Sydney at a place called Wollongong. Katrina (missus) and I have just recently moved to Tokyo on a 2 yr teaching contract at an International school. Looking forward to doing either IM Japan or Germany as my gateway to Hawaii. Having trouble trying to clear up a running injury which effects my peroneal nerve near the top of the fibula. No-one has been able to help, but I'll hang in there.

Paul
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?