Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Run 4/Bike 60

Workout Summary: Run 4+ (35'), Bike 60 (4 hours, 3260 ascent)

Well, about 275 miles in 4 days, 2 rides of which were high quality. That explains the bilateral quad weakness everytime I bike up the smallest grade, or stand on my pedals. Suck it up man! I have got to decide, am I going to be strong? or be a wimp today. 1 more 80 miler tomarrow, then I wont bike for 4 days. I can handle that.

Hamstring pain very bad last night. Couldnt lay on the ground and extend my leg straight. Ann rolled it, then I rolled it on the foam roller, stretched lightly. Hot bath this morning. Held stable on ride. I really never got in the aero position, which helped alot. Then had some ART after ride. Now the leg is back to its baseline tightness.

All of run and Entirety of bike in zone 1. Ave speed slowed quite a bit the final 2 mile 900 ft asecent because I wanted to stay in zone 1...that was 5-6 mph in 39/23/ Took nearly 30 minutes to climb back to the house.

Diet:
Breakfast: 5 egg white omelet with ham mushrooms and a slice of swiss. 2 whole wheat english muffins with a little butter. Diet sierra mist.
On ride: 2 bottles of nutrition, 1 gel, 1 full water bottle.
After ride: Cooked up 2 cups of instant rice (95 grams carbs), added 2 tbs sugar and 8 oz skim milk. I needed solid food, so this is pretty good quality recovery although about 10 g short on protein.
Dinner: Yup, more rice, 2 cups. With mixed vegies and 4 oz grilled chicken. 1 apple. Big 32 oz diet shasta and 24 oz water later.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?