Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Hamstring sore, 3 X 2 mile bad idea?

OK, so the 3 x 2 not such a good idea. I thought I would be running 7:30 pace with Rob Williams, who's running IM Canada in a couple of weeks. I didnt know how strong he was, and he did the first 2 in 7's and the final in 6:30 pace. Leg felt fine for the first 2, then became very tight on the last one. Not a huge deal, my primary goal was to pace Rob out so he worked very hard as his last long interval session prior to Canada. Leg very sore today, cant even lay my leg straight with my knee locked without pain. I will swim tonight, then very easy jog after and see how it feels.

Workout Summary: 3500 meter (3800 yd) 63 minutes
Long swim in 50m pool. Only person in lane, I love when that happens. Blue sky, pool lined with huge fir trees. Sun beaming through the water...I could see my shaddow on the bottom of the pool swimming. No ripples because there were only 2 of us in the entire pool. This is when I love swimming.
Swam nice and steady, averaged 9 min per 500m for entire swim, which is 1:12 for 4K. Felt a little tired, a couple of calf cramps toward the end but otherwise, ok.

Diet:
Breakfast: Cliff protein bar and a few grapes. Water and coffee
Lunch: 6 ox chicken breast with rice and green beans. diet shasta and 24 oz water.
Afternoon: non-fat latte and a ginger cookie
Dinner: chicken courdon blue with rice and vegies. 16 oz carrot juice. 2 beers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?