Thursday, July 06, 2006

 
The below link is my Blog documenting my training and nutrition, ect leading up to Ironman Coeur d Alene, June 25, 2006. Qualified for Kona by placing 4th of 380 in M40-44 age group.

http://triall3sports.blogspot.com/

For Kona, f few things I need to improve in training are:

More short runs off the bike
More morning workouts, esp. on the trainer and short runs
More core, more consistent
Consistent weight routine up to october

Big training week planned for the end of August though Labor day. Instead of focusing on the bike, I will focus on strength in all 3 events. My goals will be around 350 on the bike, but will increase the run to around 60-70 miles and swim to 10-12k, I will start the week monday august 28 and go thorough sep 4th, the next monday. My wife Ann will be with me and will do about 90% of what I plan.

Workout
Bike 20 miles easy with Ann. 1:25 time with 800 ft of climbing at end. All Zone 1
I have moved to my road bike. The seat is 1 cm back from the TT and 5 mm lower.
I have moved my TT bike seat 8mm back. Will lower 5mm so the transition should be ok when I move back to the TT bike in a couple of weeks. Hamstring pain free on the road bike but pretty tight later in the evening.

Diet:
Breakfast: 1 wheat bagel dry, cup of coffee, 1 apple
Lunch: Salad with spinach and mixed vegi's with low fat italian. 2 oz bag kettle chips, 6 oz carrot juice
Afternoon: coffee and 1 apple
Dinner: 8 oz grilled Salmon, thai noodles and corn on the cob. 6 oz low fat ice cream and a beer after.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?